SELECT THE WORDS & LEVEL
The Yamaha R1 is a motorcycle that was produced by Yamaha from 1998 until the present. It’s a high-performance motorcycle. This bike was introduced at 1998-1999 with a revised small engine of Genesis that looks similar to a gearbox that is stacked. In the same year, both the engine and the wheelbase were designed to be small. Minor modifications to the bike’s exterior look were made in the year of 2000 and 2001, which improved ride handling. A new system was designed for fuel injection, with redesigned sleeves was introduced in 2002. In 2009, Yamaha introduced the redesigned this bike with new technology. This bike is the only model offered. The motorcycle’s engine has a displacement of 998 cc. Moreover, the provided mileage is around 20 kilometers per liter.
New fast shift, cross-plane engine, new lift control, High Volume Air, and more are some of the major characteristics of the Yamaha YZF R1. An adjustable foot rest, analogue tachometer, projector headlamps, dual trip meter, electronic instrument gauge and are all standard equipment on the superbike. It features sleek artwork and sharp cuts, making this bike one of the most attractive sports bikes on the market. The motorcycle’s characteristics are unusual, and it can easily grab notice of many people. The main characteristics will allow you to appreciate the bike’s riding sensation and performance.
From every perspective, the Yamaha R1 is stunning. Its appealing appearance is completed with LED eyebrows and projector eyes. This bike features an aerodynamically built windscreen, similar to the MotoGP M1. A display of TFT with a new rectangular form is available. With a large tank of 20 liters, the gasoline tank is elegant and compact. The design is enhanced by having a sharp tail and short exhaust pipe, which lowers air drag. Furthermore, From any distance, taillight design of taillight is apparent. The machine’s performance is improved by the big magnesium wheels, which reduce unspring weight. An engine made up of 4 cylinder, with a capacity of almost 1000 cc powers the R1 superbike. At 13500 rpm, the strong crossplane engine produces a huge amount of power which is around 197.3 bhp and a huge amount of torque which is 112.4 Nm. TCI transfers a new charge into the chamber of combustion. Titanium con rods help to minimise vibrations and weight.
A gearbox with a clutch attached that is multi-plated, also, Quick Shift System is included with the engine. The exhaust system sends the products that are combusted, out through an end pipe. When leaning towards corners, the Aluminum Deltabox structure gives additional stability. The ABS, in conjunction provides the rider with the best possible braking performance. During braking, the BS avoids undesired rear-end motion. The bike’s stopping ability is outstanding thanks to the front calipers made up of 4 pistons, mounted radially on 322 mm of rotors. For lengthy trips, the seat is quite comfy.
The YZF R1’s sophisticated electrical features enable optimum mechanical efficiency while also increasing rider safety. During travel and bends on track, the crossplane engine balances the weight. The cod-run made up of titanium increases efficiency while reducing vibrations. The TFT display illuminates once you switch on the computer. It shows the speedometer, trip metres, odometer, turn indicators and clock, among other things. Other information is shown on TFT panel including but not limited to lap times, riding modes, traction level, and ABS indicator, among other things. The Menu dial on the handlebar may be used to control the display. Numerous safety measures are included in the switch gears including but not limited to Inertial measurement, slide control system, and traction control system. And these are only a few of them, there are many others as well.
Yamaha R1 Price in Pakistan
The Yamaha R1 is one of the most costly sports bikes on the market, but it is also one of the greatest. ABS, Inertial measurement, slide control system, traction control system, anti-wheelie Control, Quick Shift System and Yamaha Chip Controlled Intake, and more are all standard on the superbike. The YZF R1 isn’t a bike for commuting in the city. However, due of its quality of the ride and racing track ability, it is a fantastic sports bike to own. The price of this bike is around RS3 million to RS4 million.
Features of Yamaha R1
- The design of this sports bike is the first and most essential characteristic. The design is elegant, well-integrated, and provides the bike an aerodynamic profile.
- It has a slide control.
- It has a traction control
- It has a unified ABS
- It has an SCS
- It has a launch control
- It has an anti-wheelie control
- It has a quick-shift system
- Digital instruments are used. This instrument cluster has modes and power choices. This variant has a completely electronic throttle cord. The throttle cable’s hardness and strength can be changed by the driver to suit his or her demands.
- To provide maximum forward thrust, a wheel lift control has been incorporated.
- It has new Michelin tyres
- It has an aftermarket Scorpion exhaust
- It has the quick-shift technology. When you need to upshift or downshift quickly, the quick-shift technology assists you and flawlessly correlates these shifts with the bike’s speed.
- It has an exterior that is colored in black.
- It has dual-LED headlights. The ECU of the bike may also be used to adjust the LED headlights.
- LED turn indicators and LED DRLs are incorporated in the side mirrors to give it a more aggressive appearance.
- It sports a central air intake column with tiny LED headlamp units on either side, as well as dual LED DRLs.
- The rider can sit comfortably and manoeuvre it with ease because to the high screen, low headlamp position, and wide fuel tank with sculpted appearance.
- The sharp edges and cuts, as well as the fit and quality of the panels, appear to be on par.
- The rider can benefit from the machine by using a full-color thin-film transistor (TFT) metre with basic and advanced readings.
- It has a street mode and a track mode, both of which focus on performance data such as a tachometer for rpm range, a lap timer, gear position indication, speed, and YRC settings.
- The lightweight titanium exhaust and midship muffler not only improve the performance of the sports bike, but also contribute to its overall attractiveness.
- Its dimensions are 2055mm long, 691mm broad, and 1150mm tall. The bike’s ground clearance is 130mm, and its wheelbase is 1404mm.
Specifications of Yamaha R1
- A 998cc inline 4-cylinder CP4 engine powers the Yamaha YZF-R1. This is a 16-valve liquid-cooled engine. The YZR-M1 engine’s cross-plane crankshaft technology is used in this engine.
- The CP4 motor in this engine offers a consistent and linear torque delivery.
- This increases rear-wheel grip as well as the bike’s overall stability.
- This bike can accelerate from zero to 100 kilometers per hour in 4.1 seconds and from zero to 200 kilometers per hour in 9.45 seconds.
- This engine comes with a factory-set rev limit of 13,750rpm.
- This sports bike has a power output of about 200 horsepower, which is rather impressive for a bike.
- The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox with a slipper clutch and wet multi-plate assist.
- Yamaha employed 10-spoke cast magnesium wheels to increase the bike’s braking performance. The magnesium wheels have a lower weight than the alloy wheels. Magnesium wheels are stronger than alloy wheels, despite their lower weight.
- Dual hydraulic cylinders are installed to improve the efficiency of the brakes.
- This bike has a 320mm front rotor that is linked to 4-piston radial mounted front callipers.
- The instrument cluster may also be used to adjust the braking system’s hardness. On a calm ride, this bike delivers 15 km/liter, but it can quickly degrade if driven forcefully.
- This bike will need to be operated on Hi-Octane in Pakistan.
- Yamaha has added an aluminium gasoline tank with a capacity of 4.5 litres and a weight of only 3.5 pounds to help lighten the weight of this sports bike.
- For this bike, Yamaha employed a compact aluminium Deltabox frame.
- Magnesium is also utilised in the chassis to save weight and make the bike more compact in shape and design.
- This sports bike also features a swing-arm suspension system that can be adjusted using the bike’s ECU. Yamaha has added an aluminium gasoline tank with a capacity of 4.5 litres and a weight of only 3.5 pounds to help lighten the weight of this sports bike.
- For this bike, Yamaha employed a compact aluminium Deltabox frame.
Yamaha R1 Alternatives
Yamaha R1 is a great bike but there are many alternatives of it that you can get at the almost same prices and can have the same specifications and features including but not limited to Suzuki Hayabusa, Kawasaki ninja ZX-10R, BMW S1000RR, Suzuki GSX-R1000.
After reading this article, you now know everything about Yamaha R1. All you have to do now is just purchase the bike if you have the budget or buy its alternatives.